Right here’s a YouTube trick I stumbled upon and now use on a regular basis: Once you’re attempting to study to do one thing and getting misplaced within the steps, open the video’s transcript.
Press the three dots or the extra possibility beneath the video’s title, then select Transcript from the dropdown menu. You may copy it, reserve it, and print it. That was simple, huh? Simply watch out about downloading the video. Faucet or click on for an inventory of the way you could be breaking the legislation on-line with out understanding it.
Little pro-tips like these make life simpler and your devices extra helpful. Faucet or click on for 5 extra helpful methods you’ll want somebody taught you sooner.
Earlier than you fall right into a YouTube rabbit gap, try the following pointers for hiding what you search for and discovering what you need. Talking of, make certain you subscribe to my channel at YouTube.com/KimKomando.
1. Watch reside occasions
Many concert events and occasions are broadcast reside on YouTube. You may watch them in real-time together with a worldwide viewers. There are a few methods to do that:
- Merely sort the phrase “reside” after your search phrase.
- It’s also possible to browse upcoming and present livestream occasions. Go to youtube.com in your pc and choose Reside from the left column.
- Open the YouTube app, faucet Discoverthen faucet Reside on a smartphone.
Sluggish Wi-Fi makes watching movies a drag. Faucet or click on for a easy swap that would enhance your speeds.
2. Preserve your search historical past clear
Incognito mode allows you to browse freely with out worrying about your search and watch historical past reflecting it. Notice: This doesn’t cover your search historical past from YouTube and its mum or dad firm, Google.
To allow this, faucet your profile image or icon and choose Activate Incognito. Do the identical to show it off.
Incognito mode doesn’t cease your ISP or search engine supplier from understanding what you’re wanting up, however it might come in useful in different methods. Faucet or click on for six sensible causes to make use of Incognito mode.
3. Slender your search
YouTube boasts greater than 2 billion month-to-month customers, with greater than 500 hours of content material posted each minute. Discovering what you need is usually a matter of narrowing your search down by the date a video was posted.
Kind within the search time period (s) to your video, adopted by this week or this month. It’s also possible to use YouTube’s filters to slender issues down:
- Go to youtube.com in your pc and do your search.
- As soon as the outcomes load, click on on the Filters’ dropdown field and choose an add datestarting from the Final hour to This 12 months.
- On cell, faucet the three-dots iconthen faucet Search filters.
4. Discover the actual music video, not simply the parodies
YouTube is the second-largest search website globally, surpassed solely by Google. Folks from all around the world put up parodies, fan movies, and reactions to the most well-liked matters.
Girl Gaga is among the largest names on the market, so once you seek for a monitor from a singer of her stature, you will have to weed out the fan-made content material. You are able to do this by typing the music identify, including a comma and placing the phrase “associate.” For instance, do that search: “poker face, associate.”
Need extra sensible ideas like this straight to your inbox? Strive my Tech Suggestions and How-tos publication. It’s free!
Once you need to share a protracted video at a selected level, do that.
- In your pc, discover the video you need and scroll to the time you need to share.
- Proper-click and choose Copy video URL at present time.
- It’s also possible to click on the Share button and examine the Begin at field. Enter the time you need, then click on Copy.
You are able to do this in your cellphone, too – although it’s extra of a ache.
- Scroll to the time you need to share and pause the video. Faucet Share > Copy hyperlink. Paste the hyperlink the place you’d like and add this to the URL:? T = 00m00s. The zeroes characterize the minutes and seconds, so modify them as wanted. For URLs that have already got a query mark, add an ampersand like this: & t = 00m00s.
Talking of sharing, there are some information too huge to e-mail. Strive these strategies as an alternative.
6. Make a playlist of songs
Make a playlist of your favourite songs through the use of the search phrase playlist. We’ll stick with the identical instance. Kind in “Girl Gaga playlist” and your outcomes will embody fan-made compilations that bundle songs collectively into one lengthy add. You’ll additionally get an official playlist labeled YouTube Combine.
You may create a customized playlist of exactly what you need, too.
Right here’s the way to do it out of your pc:
- Discover a video you need to add to a playlist. Click on Save.
- Choose a playlist resembling Watch Later or a playlist you’ve already created, or click on Create new playlist. Click on Create.
To create a playlist on cell:
- Discover a video you need to add to a playlist.
- Faucet Save under the video to robotically reserve it to the final playlist or your Watch Later playlist.
- To alter the place your video is saved, faucet Change on the pop-up. Choose from the record of your playlists.
Favor listening to music on Spotify? These methods will flip you right into a Spotify professional very quickly.
7. Discover a film to look at
You may watch feature-length films on YouTube, however looking for the film title identical to the rest on the platform is probably not sufficient.
It’s fairly easy. Simply sort the phrase film in your search question. Strive “A Star is Born film.” You’re going to get the choice to purchase or lease a film if it’s not obtainable free of charge.
Strive one among these 13 websites to look at films free of charge if you happen to strike out on YouTube.
8. Extra fast search ideas
Lastly, listed below are a couple of less difficult methods to refine your searches.
- Use the + or – keys to incorporate or miss key phrases in your search outcomes.
- Use citation marks to search out the precise phrase you’re in search of.
- Add the phrase “lengthy” to your search to search out movies longer than 20 minutes. Use “brief” to search out movies lower than 4 minutes lengthy.
Bonus Tip: Darkish Internet 101: What’s there and why the federal government can’t shut it down
Wade by way of the waters of the Darkish Internet, and also you’ll discover medication, assassins, and all types of disturbing imagery. But it surely’s additionally a haven for privateness advocates. On this episode, I converse with ASU professor Victor Benjamin, who reveals simply why it’s so onerous to control – and why of us of all backgrounds can’t cease coming again.
Take a look at my podcast “Kim Komando Explains” on Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotifyor your favourite podcast participant.
Take heed to the podcast right here or wherever you get your podcasts. Simply seek for my final identify, “Komando.”
What digital life-style questions do you could have? Name Kim’s nationwide radio present and Faucet or click on right here to search out it in your native radio station. You may hearken to or watch The Kim Komando Present in your cellphone, pill, tv, or pc. Or faucet or click on right here for Kim’s free podcasts.
Copyright 2022, WestStar Multimedia Leisure. All rights reserved. By clicking the purchasing hyperlinks, you’re supporting my analysis. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn a small fee from qualifying purchases. I solely suggest merchandise I imagine in.
Find out about all the most recent know-how on The Kim Komando Present, the nation’s largest weekend radio speak present. Kim takes calls and dispenses recommendation on immediately’s digital life-style, from smartphones and tablets to on-line privateness and information hacks. For her every day ideas, free newsletters, and extra, go to her web site at Komando.com.