Weight Loss Cabbage Soup is also known as Diet Soup, Wonder Soup, or GM Diet Wonder Soup. This Cabbage Soup is the central part of an eating plan that has been around for years enjoying unlimited Cabbage Soup throughout. (Note: we are not advocating to be nutrition professionals OR advocating that you follow a specific diet. We just wanted to offer the recipe and give you its background).
There are other cabbage soup diet recipes used for quick weight loss, but Wonder Soup makes a great starting point for healthy eating because it’s low in calories, nutrient-dense, fat-free, and sugar-free.
Hearing all that, you might be starting to picture an awfully bland soup, but luckily the flavorful ingredients like cabbage, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and oregano give this broth-based Cabbage Soup an excellent taste while remaining low-calorie. This is a delicious soup that you can enjoy for an easy healthy meal once in a while. If you just have Cabbage Soup as a regular dinner, you can make some Soft Rolls to go along with it for a comforting meal.
Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
- 8 vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 cups cabbage , cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 carrots , sliced
- 3 stalks celery , sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes , do not drain
- Add the vegetable broth, onion, garlic, cabbage, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and diced tomatoes then stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes until cabbage and carrots are tender.
Keyword: Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
Frequently Asked Questions
You can exchange the vegetable broth in the recipe for chicken broth or beef broth if you prefer. You can also use low-sodium broth if you’re trying to reduce sodium.