There are many people out there who dream of having the same beautiful hair that they see on television and in magazines. And many of these people are willing to try just about anything that promises beautiful, glowing hair. This makes many people ask, is olive oil good for hair? When you use olive oil for a hair conditioner, you will see a difference in your hair. Your hair is going to be more vibrant, stronger and healthier looking overall.
1. Decrease in Dandruff
Dandruff often results due to a dry scalp, which then becomes irritated and leads to other concerns. With the use of olive oil, you can moisturize the scalp, which aids in decreasing dandruff.
2. Stop Split Ends
When the weather is dry and cold, many people experience dry and frizzy hair, especially on the ends of each strand. When this occurs, the hair looks messy, in spite of the fact that the hairstyle may be new. Olive oil can help subdue the hair that is reacting to this dry and cold weather by adding the extra moisture that the hair needs.
3. Add Strength and Shine
Olive oil has vitamin E and A, as well as antioxidants that can help to make the hair strands stronger and shinier. Studies have shown that regular use of olive oil as a conditioner can add needed nutrition back into each strand of hair and help with the shine. Olive oil for hair growth is also an added positive when using regularly.
4. Manage Hair Easily
Hair that is moisturized is much easier to manage. When wondering if olive oil is good for hair, consider the fact that it moisturizes to the point, that straightening or curling the hair becomes much easier.
5. Add Softness
Hair that looks good is great, but hair that also feels good is what most people want. Since olive oil has moisturizing and conditioning proprieties, it can add silicone that your hair needs in order to feel naturally soft and vibrant.
How to Use Olive oil for Hair
Applying olive oil to your hair will mean following a few steps in order to use it properly to get the best benefits for your hair:
- Place the olive oil into a microwaveable bowl or cup to warm up. A half cup is often the recommended amount to use. Warm this up to the point that it is warm, but not too hot.
- While warm, put one tablespoon of the olive oil onto the palms of your hands and rub together.
- Starting at the roots of your hair, massage the oil into the scalp with your hands. Continue this process until you get to the tips of the hair, putting more olive oil on the hands when this is needed.
- Once all the hair has been saturated, wrap your hair with a shower cap or use an old towel to wrap your head and hold the heat in the olive oil.
- Let the olive stay on the hair for 5 minutes for a light conditioning, or 45 minutes for a deeper conditioning.
- Rinse the oil from the hair, then shampoo and condition as you normally would.
Source : http://www.enkicharity.com/is-olive-oil-good-for-hair.html