Oven-baked fish sticks are crispy, tender, and SO great! Coated with breadcrumbs and scrumptious seasoning, these fish sticks are packed with flavor and it is a recipe that the complete household will love!
Kid-friendly meals are on my thoughts a lot! As a household of six, we have uncomplicated and scrumptious meals all the time! Some of our favorites are these pepperoni rolls, these sloppy joes, and these yummy grilled cheese sandwiches.
Baked Fish Sticks
If you will need a straightforward and uncomplicated way to get your youngsters to consume fish, these baked fish sticks are your resolution! Not only are they super uncomplicated, but they are created fresh at property! No will need to obtain the frozen ones any longer as soon as you attempt out these! Fresh is constantly the way to go, and you will not even know what hit you when you attempt these fish sticks. They have the most effective flavor, and then that crispy outdoors tends to make them the best finger meals!
These baked fish sticks are not only kid-friendly to consume, but they can make them as well! Enable them get involved with creating the meal from start off to finish, and not only will they have a higher appreciation for your cooking, but they will be so proud of themselves as well! These only take about 20 minutes from start off to finish, so go ahead, give them a attempt! I have a feeling that this menu will make its way on your weekly meal rotation!
Components to Make Homemade Fish Sticks
Baked fish sticks are straightforward, uncomplicated, and only call for a handful of components. Plus, they taste insanely delicious… They are so great that you will under no circumstances go back to retailer-purchased once again! Verify out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for precise measurements.
- Cod: When you get out your cod, then slice it into strips.
- Salt and Pepper: I use these to season the fish sticks
- Flour: I applied all goal flour to coat the cod.
- Eggs: You will dip your cod into the eggs initial so that the coating has a thing to stick to.
- Panko: I like to use panko crumbs simply because they make the most effective crispy crust.
- Parmesan: Mix this into the breadcrumbs to add a scrumptious taste to the coating.
- Seasonings: Old bay seasoning and garlic powder will be what you use to add some more flavor to the cod.
How to Bake Fish Sticks
I appreciate speedy, uncomplicated, and scrumptious meals, and these fish sticks are no exception! Cook them up for lunch or dinner, and they will fly off your table!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Salt and pepper the cod strips.
- Separate Components: Produce a breading station for the fish. In a single bowl add the flour. Then, in the second bowl whisk collectively the eggs and salt. In the final bowl add the Panko, parmesan cheese, old bay seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Coat the Cod: Initially dip the cod in the flour, then the egg, and lastly the Panko mix.
- Bake: Location on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or golden and crispy.
I have a handful of secrets up my sleeve when it comes to baking fish sticks! Stick to these recommendations, and yours will turn out completely best!
- Size: When you are slicing your cod just make confident that you are cutting them about the similar size. This will assistance them cook completely and evenly.
- Breading: Do not skimp when it comes to coating your cod. Fish sticks are meant to come out with a cripy coating and that can only come about when you have sufficient breading about the fish.
- Substituitions: If do not have any cod out there then you can use any white fish. They are extra mild in flavor so you could attempt Haddock or Tilapia as an alternative!
How to Freeze Baked Fish Sticks
The wonderful factor about these fish sticks is that you can prepare them and freeze them for later!
- Speedy Freeze: After the fish sticks have cooled then location then on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer for an hour.
- Freeze: Just after they are frozen then you can take them out and place them in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Label it with the date and they will final in the freezer for up to three months
- Reheat: To reheat your fish sticks, cook them in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till they are warmed via.
How to Retailer Leftovers
After your fish sticks have cooled then you can retailer them in an airtight container in your fridge. They will final two-three days. I would reheat them in your oven at 375 degrees for about ten minutes. If you reheat them in the microwave, they will be soggy and not crispy!
Fish sticks make a wonderful right after college snack, lunch or even dinner! Make them even superior by placing the proper dipping sauces and sides with them. This will be a single dinner that your complete household raves about! Plus, it is quite uncomplicated and healthful. I’d say that is a win-win!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Salt and pepper the cod strips.
Produce a breading station for the fish. In a single bowl add the flour. In the second bowl whisk collectively the eggs and salt. In the final bowl add the Panko, parmesan cheese, old bay seasoning, and garlic powder.
Initially dip the cod in the flour, then the egg, and lastly the Panko mix.
Location on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or golden and crispy.
Calories302kcal (15%)Carbohydrates25g (eight%)Protein31g (62%)Fateightg (12%)Saturated Fatthreeg (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated FattwogTrans Fat1gCholesterol153mg (51%)Sodium717mg (30%)Potassium583mg (17%)Fiber1g (four%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A315IU (six%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium183mg (18%)Ironthreemg (17%)
All nutritional info is primarily based on third celebration calculations and is only an estimate. Every single recipe and nutritional worth will differ based on the brands you use, measuring solutions and portion sizes per household.