Parsley, oregano, and white wine vinegar fill this chimichurri sauce with fresh and zingy flavor. Drizzle it more than grilled veggies, salads, and a lot more!
If you can under no circumstances appear to finish an complete bunch of parsley, you want this chimichurri recipe in your life. In truth, after you attempt this chimichurri recipe, you will likely start out purchasing parsley just to make it! Vibrant, zingy, and SO darn basic, it is the sort of sauce that you can whip up in minutes and drizzle more than something. Attempt it on a salad, roasted veggies, or polenta, and I guarantee, you will be hooked.
What is Chimichurri?
Chimichurri sauce hails from Argentina. It is usually produced with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, finely chopped parsley, and dried or fresh oregano. All through Argentina and South America, it is served as a marinade or dipping sauce for grilled meats like chicken, steak, or lamb and fish.
I 1st attempted chimichurri on our honeymoon in Argentina, and I straight away fell in enjoy with its tangy, herb-y flavor. As quickly as we flew residence, I set out to make my personal version. To my delight, I worked out a basic chimichurri recipe making use of just eight standard components!
Chimichurri Recipe Components
Here’s what you will want to make this chimichurri recipe:
- Fresh parsley – I finely chop it by hand rather of making use of a meals processor. So straightforward!
- Dried oregano – Along with the parsley, it fills the sauce with fresh, herbaceous flavor.
- Garlic – For sharp depth of flavor.
- Red pepper flakes – For heat.
- Smoked paprika – This unconventional chimichurri ingredient provides the sauce a subtle smoky flavor.
- White wine vinegar – I sub it in for the a lot more regular red wine vinegar. It tends to make the sauce good and tangy.
- Added-virgin olive oil – It adds richness and brings the sauce with each other.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Come across the total recipe with measurements beneath.
Chimichurri Sauce Serving Ideas
Of course, you can use this chimichurri sauce as a marinade or dipping sauce for grilled steak or other meat. But as a vegetarian, I can attest that your alternatives for making use of it do not finish there! Right here are a handful of a lot more suggestions to get you began:
How do you like to use chimichurri sauce? Let me know in the comments!
A lot more Favored Dressings and Sauces
If you enjoy this chimichurri recipe, attempt a single of these dressings or sauces subsequent:
Serves four to six
This straightforward recipe is my version of Argentinian chimichurri sauce. Drizzle this tasty condiment over roasted veggies, use it as a salad dressing, or toss it with any cooked grain for a vibrant pop of flavor.
- 1/three cup additional-virgin olive oil
- two tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/two teaspoon sea salt
- 1/four teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/four teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/four teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/two cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, (from about 1 bunch of parsley, coarse stems removed)
In a little bowl, whisk with each other the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, red chili flakes, and smoked paprika. Stir in the parsley. Alternatively, you could combine the ingredients in a mortar and pestle or with a few pulses in a food processor.
Season to taste and serve as a sauce more than roasted or grilled vegetables.
Comparable to pesto, chimichurri can be stored in the freezer in ice cube trays. When prepared to use, let thaw at area temp.