I appreciate this blueberry smoothie recipe due to the fact it really is super nutritious, but it tastes like a treat! Blend it with each other for a yummy healthier breakfast or snack.
Properly mates, this blueberry smoothie recipe has sent me off on a further breakfast kick. We had a stretch of sunny days in Chicago more than the weekend, and with the (slightly) warmer climate, I began craving all factors light and fresh. On Saturday, I ditched my usual morning toast and blended up this blueberry smoothie for breakfast alternatively. I did it once again on Sunday. …And on Monday. It is Tuesday now, and I’m surely not seeking back. This blueberry smoothie is packed with healthier components, but thanks to its thick, frosty texture and sweet berry flavor, it tastes like a morning ice cream treat. It is uncomplicated to make in the blender, and it keeps me complete till noon. I do not assume this one’s coming off repeat anytime quickly.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Components
Here’s what you will need to have to make this blueberry smoothie recipe:
- Blueberries, of course! Use frozen berries to make this smoothie thick and frosty.
- Frozen raspberries – The far more berries, the merrier, suitable? The raspberries add a good tartness to this blueberry smoothie.
- Frozen cauliflower – Trust me, you will not taste it! It offers the smoothie an added increase of nutrients and assists ideal its creamy texture.
- Frozen banana – Like the cauliflower, the banana tends to make this smoothie super creamy.
- Almond milk – Use retailer-purchased, or make your personal! If you do not retain almond milk on hand, really feel cost-free to substitute your preferred dairy or non-dairy milk. Water functions also!
- Almond butter – It adds protein and healthier fats.
- Maple syrup – For sweetness.
- Fresh lemon juice – Its vibrant flavor balances the sweetness from the fruit and maple.
- Fresh ginger – Optional, but scrumptious. Blend it into the smoothie for a refreshing kick.
Locate the total recipe with measurements beneath.
Location all the components in a blender, and blend till smooth! If the smoothie is also thick to blend, add far more almond milk as required to attain your preferred consistency.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Variations
If you couldn’t inform, I’m quite obsessed with this blueberry smoothie recipe just as it is written. But like any smoothie, it is versatile! If you do not have these precise components on hand, swap in what you do have, or adjust it up to suit your tastes. Right here are a handful of tips to get you began:
- Go green. Blend in a handful of spinach or kale.
- Skip the raspberries. Make a straightforward blueberry banana smoothie by making use of a entire frozen banana alternatively of half of a single.
- Swap the nut butter. Replace the almond butter with peanut butter or cashew butter.
- Make it heartier. Add a scoop of Greek yogurt or entire rolled oats. A tablespoon of hemp or chia seeds would be a very good addition also.
Let me know what variations you attempt!
Blueberry Smoothie Serving Ideas
This blueberry smoothie is such a scrumptious healthier breakfast or snack! Appreciate a tall, cool glass on its personal, or add toppings like sliced almonds, fresh blueberries, chia seeds, and/or coconut flakes and scoop it up with a spoon.
Hungry for far more? This smoothie pairs effectively with all sorts of breakfast fare. For a fast weekday breakfast, serve it with a slice of avocado toast or any of these healthier muffin recipes. On the weekend, blend it up as a beverage for a laid-back brunch. It is wonderful with a frittata, scrambled eggs, waffles, French toast, or a huge stack of pancakes.
Additional Favored Smoothie Recipes
If you appreciate this blueberry smoothie recipe, attempt a single of these refreshing smoothies subsequent:
Serves two to three
This blueberry smoothie recipe is creamy, nutritious, and refreshing. Blend it up for a scrumptious healthier breakfast or snack!
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- 1¼ cups almond milk, plus far more as required
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ frozen banana
- two tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼- inch piece fresh ginger, optional
In a blender, spot the blueberries, almond milk, cauliflower, raspberries, banana, almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and ginger, if making use of.
Blend till creamy, adding far more almond milk as required to blend.